What Ingredients Can You Add to Your Dog's Lick Mat this Fall?
Do you want to pamper your four-footed best friends while adding nutritious supplements and variety to their diets? If so, you could consider loading a lick mat with various dog-safe, healthy, and tasty ingredients. Gain some inspiration from these popular suggestions.
Dog-Safe and Canine-Approved Lick Mat Ingredients
You may not need to run to the grocery store to find the perfect ingredients for your lick mat. You probably already have some of these common groceries stocked in your pantry, fridge, and freezer:
- Green peas: Peas offer dogs several important vitamins and minerals, plus they add a touch of natural sweetness that can help bring out other flavors.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin's rich in vitamins and fiber, so it supports digestion and immune systems. Use plain, canned pumpkin that doesn't contain added spice or sugar.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes have a similar texture to pumpkin, so they're both good choices to help hold lick-mat ingredients together. This alternative to white potatoes comes packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
- Turkey or chicken: These lean protein sources provide pets with protein for strong muscles and organs. Ensure you serve well-cooked poultry without bones or extra seasoning.
- Brussels sprouts: This member of the cabbage family provides fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins, which support your dog's immune system and overall health.
To load your pet's lick mat, begin by spreading mashed pumpkin or sweet potatoes in the grooves. Then dice and distribute the other ingredients on top of the base. Most dogs gobble their food very quickly when they get the chance. If you want to keep your pet occupied a little longer, you can freeze the loaded mat. Frozen lick mat treats make the perfect treat for your pet on hot days.
Enhance Your Pet's Diet With Healthy Treats
Your dog will have a great time licking out all of the goodies. You'll enjoy keeping your pet occupied with a healthy activity. Most pets get as excited by the sight of a loaded lick mat as they do when they see their leashes.
For even more assurance of a healthy diet, crumble up our Multi-Plus Chews over the top. Of course, these natural, organic supplements taste so good to dogs, you won't need to bury them in other food. Instead, you can offer them as a reward for good behavior, and only you need to know they're healthy!