Droolworthy Gingerbread Cookies for Dogs
Nothing is more festive than gingerbread straight from the oven. It’s a tradition that everyone in the family can participate in - even the four-legged, furry member!
Before we dive into our delicious gingerbread recipe, a quick reminder to keep an eye out for these toxic ingredients that are commonly found in baked goods:
- Xylitol, an artificial sweetener
- Too much sugar
If you suspect your dog has ingested any of these toxic ingredients, call your veterinarian or the Animal Poison Helpline as soon as possible.
Let’s Get Baking
Your dog is going to love these easy-to-bake gingerbread cookies! Be sure to dole them out in moderation, because your pup will definitely be begging for more!
- 1 ¼ Cups Water
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, combine water, olive oil, molasses, and honey.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, chopped ginger, and cinnamon.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until completely mixed.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Once chilled, roll out the dough.
- Cut dough into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes.
Pro-Tip: You can go the extra mile and whip up some dog-friendly icing from our previous pupcake recipe! Make sure to let your cookies cool first so the icing doesn’t melt off.
No time for baking this holiday season? Moe’s Frosted Sugar Cookie Flavored Bites are the perfect festive treat for your pup. No baking required, but you get all the credit! Not only are these limited edition bites delicious, but they’re also a multivitamin packed with essential nutrients like Vitamin C and B2, Thiamine, and Calcium Citrate.